REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Earth Day Omaha Coalition
PO Box 4183
Omaha, NE 68104
The Earth Day Omaha Coalition seeks proposals for a Sponsorship Manager for our 30th Annual Earth Day Omaha event, to be held April 13, 2019.
About the Earth Day Omaha Coalition
For 30 years, the Earth Day Omaha Coalition, a volunteer-led non-profit 501(c)3 organization, has been dedicated to organizing, directing, and producing Omaha, Nebraska’s annual Earth Day Omaha event, providing a showcase for the many charitable, scientific, and educational efforts advocating for sustainable environmental practices and lifestyles. For more information, visit earthdayomaha.org.
About the Event
Every year, Earth Day Omaha features over 100 exhibitors, a multitude of children’s activities, demonstrations, speakers and live music from top local bands. Over 100,000 consumers in the Omaha MSA will be exposed to our marketing and advertising and upwards of 8,000 active consumers and their families are expected to attend. For a complete list of 2018 sponsors and sponsorship levels, please visit our website at earthdayomaha.org.
Scope of Work
The Sponsorship Manager is responsible for procuring new, and managing existing, sponsor relationships.
- Procuring new event sponsors (subject to review by Board of Directors)
- Managing relationships with EDO’s existing sponsorship list
- Fulfilling sponsorship package obligations as determined by the Board of Directors in the Sponsorship Levels agreement
- Creating and/or procuring sponsor logos, collateral, social media and other content as determined by the Sponsorship Levels agreement
- Planning and managing two smaller events on behalf of the Board of Directors: a Halfway to Earth Day event in October and an Annual Sponsor Luncheon in January
- Managing sponsor inquiries
- Attending monthly Board meetings as needed
- Reporting to Board liaison on an ongoing basis; preparing monthly sponsor update report for Board of Directors
- Day of event: on-site management of brand integrity and fulfillment of Sponsorship Levels agreements
- After the event: preparing a full sponsorship report for the Board of Directors, sponsor stewardship including creating and distributing a sponsor satisfaction survey, and providing donor tax receipts in the form of an acknowledgement letter
About the Contract
Scope of work and proposals are negotiable until a final contract is agreed upon by the Sponsorship Manager and the Board of Directors. Contract begins September 1, 2018, and is valid until fulfillment of duties outlined in the contract (approximately May 2019). Payment will be issued upon completion of the contract. Flat-fee and percentage based proposals will be considered.
How to Submit a Proposal
Please send your resume, cover letter with an explanation of your qualifications, and a detailed outline of your proposal to the Earth Day Omaha Coalition by August 20, 2018. The winning proposal will be notified by August 30, 2018. Questions and submission should be sent to Angie Remington, Vice President, Earth Day Omaha Coalition.
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 402.350.4180