The Earth Day Omaha Coalition is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization with a nine member board that organizes, directs and produces Nebraska’s most successful, annual environmental event. The mission of the Earth Day Omaha Coalition is to provide a showcase for the many charitable, scientific and educational efforts advocating for sustainable environmental practices and lifestyles.
We are looking for board members with some of the following skills
- Nonprofit Management or Board Experience
- Event Planning or Organization skills
- Marketing or Public Relations experience
- Donor Relations and Fundraising
- Business or financial management
- Sustainability Education and Awareness
- Communication skills
The general responsibilities of the EDOC board members are:
- Articulate and align the organization to support the mission
- Select and support the board chair
- Ensure effective planning, structure, evaluation, and accountability by attending monthly meetings
- Ensure and protect adequate financial and human resources
- Improve board membership, its coordination, and its activities
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity
- Enhance the organization’s public standing and garner community support toward achieving our goals
If you are interested in joining the board, please send us a resume (or curriculum vitae or brief biography) and a cover letter answering the following questions. Feel free to elaborate on other skills or strengths you would bring to the board.
Why do you want to be on the Earth Day Omaha Coalition Board?
What experience do you have planning major events?
What actions have you taken to improve the environment (at home, at work, in the community)?
Please describe your role with one other non-profit or community organization that you are or have been involved with.
Please remember this is entirely a volunteer board. The future of EDOC relies on its board members to spend a full year planning this event with the assistance of contracted help. The term of a board position is three (3) years. We ask that only those able to commit to a working non-profit board for the next three years apply.
Send your resume and cover letter to Laura Kendall, EDOC Secretary, email@example.com. New board members are chosen each summer.